jueves, 23 de abril de 2020

Viktor in English

Heinz 57

Let me introduce myself. My name is Viktor Nonong Medrano. I like astronomy and science fiction, as I like shows like Star Trek and Japanese anime. I have read a lot of books in this genre. I like constructed languages, and I make them myself. I am a hobbyist of Lojban, Esperanto, and Interlingua. I tend towards Science, Buddhism, and Animism. I was born in the Philippines, lived in Japan for a while, and now live in Canada. I am a Heinz 57, being very multiracial. I am a xenophile, as I love strange cultures and languages of strange lands.

My interests span the years. I have been learning about astronomy since I was a child. My dream occupation has been to become an Astrobiologist or Exobiologist, studying life beyond this Earth. My real occupation has been as a Software Writer, as I learned about different artificial languages to manipulate computers. The body is hardware, and the mind is software.

I have varied favourite foods. My favourite ice cream flavours are Tiger Tail, Japanese Black Sesame, Italian Spumoni, Mint, and Philippine Purple Yam. Of fruits, I adore young coconut meat and the tropical rose apple, which is not an apple at all. I like practically all seafood. I like Kaya jam and Bandung rose milk from Southeast Asia. I like varied jelly food, like nata de coco, Jell-O, agar-agar, grass jelly, sago, tapioca, konnyaku, jellyfish, tōfu, Aloe vera, mung bean jelly, gummy cola bottles, almond jelly, lokum, water chestnut cake, sea cucumber, mushroom, longan, lychee, rambutan, et cetera.

I like many anime shows from Japan. Some of my really creative favourites include Vampire Knight, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, No. 6, Mushi-Shi, Naruto Shippūden, Kemono no Sōja Erin, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, Galaxy Express 999, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Fate/Zero, Level E, La storia della Arcana Famiglia, Polar Bear Cafe, Yumeiro Pâtissière, Gintama, Maoyū Maō Yūsha, Aoi Hana, Nokto de la Galaksia Fervojo, Mononoke, Shelter, Akira, Sirius the Jaeger, Violet Evergarden, Attack on Titan, Carole & Tuesday, et cetera.

News items I follow are about space exploration. I like knowing about the new data including pictures from robot probes in outer space and from crewed flights, even better. I marvel over the turbulent cloud storms over Jupiter. The glimmering icy mountains on Pluto's landscape astonish me. The dunes near methane lakes and rivers on Titan bewilder me. As stars and planets are countless as the sand grains on a beach, I opine that it is mathematically improbable that only the Earth would shelter life. May the Force be with you!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario